Sunday 5 June 2016

Apologies



Apologies

Ajabde sat in the Dean’s office next day wondering about the consequences of the events that had taken place at the function. Ajabde was not a happy camper as all the news channels were after her for a byte. Everyone wanted a scoop about the event and the video of her slapping Raghav Singhania had been aired for more times than she could count. 

Dean: Please take a seat. I’m sure you must be wondering as to why you have been called here- it is to discuss the events of the annual function and its consequences

Ajabde: Consequences Sir? I’m sorry but the guest of honour was misbehaving with me on stage in front of the entire college including you

Dean: I understand your position Miss Punwar but the man you slapped happens to be the Head of the entire Board of the college. This is his college and the entire incident has left everyone in a ditch so the consequences are not about you and your ways of defending your honour rather I need to look at the other matters too so we have decided that you will apologise to Mr Singhania

Ajabde gasped: Apologise to him but for what? I didn’t do anything wrong sir instead of apologising I should be filing a complaint against that man

Dean: Enough of your tantrums Miss Punwar, you will not speak to any of the media personnel and you dare not file a complaint or else I will make sure you never step inside this college ever again

That is not your decision to take Dean: Sammy spoke rang loud and clear as he entered the chambers.

Sammy: Sorry for the intrusion but I couldn’t stop myself from speaking up on seeing the manner you intended on dealing with the issue

Dean: Mr Samar I… (Sammy shows his hand)

He goes in front of Ajabde
Miss Punwar I’m so very sorry for the manner Mr Singhania behaved with you during the function but I offer my sincere apologies on behalf of the management of the college that did not stand up for its student’s protection. I assure you no step will be taken against you and I really hope you won’t file a police case against Mr Singhania 

Ajabde: So the apologies are to stop me from going to the police

Sammy: Not at all instead if you could give me 5minutes of your busy schedule I will explain to you why Raghav ran on the stage and hugged you

Cafeteria

She looks exactly like Ajabde everyone was stunned seeing the picture of Mrs Kalpi Raghav Singhania that was left with Ajabde after her little talk in the Dean’s office. 

Sammy had told her about all the events including Kalpi’s tragic death that had affected Raghav and her family members and now seeing how she was her lookalike of the former they all thought that their Kalpi was somehow alive. Ajabde sat irritated while the others were comparing both Kalpi and Ajabde

Shakti: Same hairstyles

Akbar: Dress sense is also similar

Chakri: True if Ajabde wore a saree and styled her hair in this manner she would definitely look like her

Ajabde stared incredulously at her friends who were making fun at her expense. Without uttering a word she left them as they continued to figure out whose side pose was better hers or Mrs Singhania’s. Everything was making her angry- from the incident during the function to Dean’s callous attitude, then learning about her dead look alike to the break-in at her home, it felt like troubles were raining upon her and she didn’t have an umbrella to save herself from them. She quickly changed into her practice clothes and as the music flowed out of the speakers she stretched as she started her dance routine. Earlier her routine would transport her to the happy place but today she allowed her irritation and anger to flow out of her steps- as the beats increased so did the intensity of her steps then she did a twirl and fell down on the floor breathing deeply. The creaking noise of the door made her look up only to find a junior looking at her

Ajabde: yes?

Junior: Ummmm I was asked to deliver this to you

Ajabde: You are the same boy who brought those roses to me on the day of the function?

Junior: I’m supposed to give this to you (hands her a package)

Ajabde: Who sent this? 

Junior: I don’t know ….I was supposed to give this to you (thrusts the package in her hands)

Ajabde: Wait a second…why are you sweating? What is in this package?

The boy looked at her and dashed out of the studio with Ajabde following behind him. On the staircase the boy collided with Pratap who tried to help the boy but he just ran off

Stop Ajabde’s voice made Pratap look at her

Pratap: What’s going on?

Ajabde: where did that boy go?

Pratap: I don’t know but what’s wrong?

Ajabde: He was the guy who delivered red roses to me on the day of the function and today he delivered a package

Pratap: and you decided to chase him all over the college?

Ajabde sighed: I just wanted some answers Pratap after everything that has been happening I think I’m entitled to some clarifications

She sat down on the stairs her face marred by worrying lines on the forehead. Pratap sat by her side and placed her hands in his while she kept her head on his shoulder
Ajabde: The Dean thinks I was wrong in slapping Mr Singhania no matter what that man did in front of the campus and then his assistant comes and drops the bomb that I happen to be a lookalike of his dead wife; someone breaks into my home and leaves red roses and now this package

Pratap: Hey everything is going to be okay I promise. We’ll get to the roots of this entire mess and as far as being lookalike of Mrs Singhania goes well you are Ajabde Punwar and not Kalpi Singhania- soon they will also know of this

Ajabde: Come let’s go back to the dance room. I’ll change and then we’ll check the package out as well


In the dance room 

Both of them found the others waiting for them and on seeing Ajabde they all rhymed in unison
We are sorry

Ajabde: It’s alright. I’ll go and change (leaves for the changing room)

Chakri: whose package is this?

Pratap: Ajabde got it

Akbar: Someone has an admirer for sure. Let’s open it

Akbar opened the package and then turned serious

Pratap: What happened?
Chakri: It’s a red rose

Akbar: It’s not an ordinary red rose. Look at the colour of the rose

Chakri stared at it confused and so did the others

Shakti: The colour seems different

Pratap: It’s painted

Akbar: It’s painted but not in colour Pratap. This is blood stained rose

Pratap: Take this to coach and no one will speak a word about it to Ajabde
Shakti: Dadabhai we are going to hide this from her?

Pratap: I’ll tell her but later. She’s already troubled with the Mrs Singhania issue and now this will only stress her more. Besides let’s see what the coach has to say about this matter and then we will see what we have to do next

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm a Rose painted in blood. The fellow is someone very sick I guess...

    Sammy good job boy as always trying to save the friend. But Ajabs frustration is also right.

    Pratap u shield ur girl hopefully tht would save her of more trouble.

    It's interesting to know Singhania n Sisodias are in a JV and now both boys of respective houses also share the love for same girl!!! Well for one she is similar looking of course...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suju di

      Yup the killer is sick
      I'm excited for the face off between the two guys after all ladki ek ke saath hi jaayegi :P

      Delete